Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Panda update

Some of you have inquired about the result of our Kung Fu Panda discipline experiment. If you recall, this was the Kung Fu Panda sheet on the first day minus the P (because, unfortunately, my picture taking happened to take longer than their first infraction):










They boys had to make it from Monday to the weekend without losing all of the letters and I can honestly say that it was a long, LONG week for us all.

I finally had to carefully decide which little-boy actions would result in a letter loss. If I went with every time I had to reprimand them, those letters wouldn't have lasted the first afternoon. So I made the decision to remove letters when their actions were considered over-the-top (read: When Mommy's blood pressure spiked to four-digit levels.)

So, they lost a letter when I found them hanging from the dining room chandelier. (I am SO not kidding.) They lost a letter when Hayden ninja-kicked his brother in the throat (Oh, the screams.) They lost a letter when I found Hayden carrying the baby up the stairs (OMG!). And they lost a letter when they used scissors to cut the ribbons from soccer medals and then hid them behind the "God picture."

There were a few other incidents but I'd hate to give other little boys any ideas.

Here was the same sheet just minutes before the first showing of Kung Fu Panda:










That poor little tattered A barely made it. In fact, it should have been pulled off multiple times but I desperately needed two hours of peace and quiet while they were gone just didn't have the heart to keep them home.

All in all, the idea worked. I've been worried that the next movie I could bribe them with use to encourage appropriate behavior is WALL.E which only has four letters and well, that just won't cut it.

But guess what's on their movie short list now? The Incredible Hulk!

17 letters! Whoo Hoo!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad they got to see it. It looks hilarious. Wall.e and the incredible hulk too. Oh dear too many movies and not enough cheap tuesdays!

Anonymous said...

i love this idea! and we haven't seen kung fu panda yet....!

have you seen indiana jones and the crystal skull yet? tee hee.

amomthing

MKHKKH said...

Mine might make it with the incredible hulk but never Wall.e! We still have to se panda.

I love your new look! Did you do it or have someone do it? Looks very sharp.