Friday, March 23, 2007

"Why do you get up so early?"...

...Is a question I often get when people read this blog and notice the times I post.

I would like to sound sacrificial and tell you that pregnancy is difficult and sleeping at this stage is unlikely, so I get up because I am just too uncomfortable. (Well, that's true.)

Or I could say that with Jimmy gone on a trip, that Landon is not only in bed with me, but that he likes to sleep on me for three-year-old security reason's and so I escape his, er, my bed for a little mommy-space. (Well, that's true too.)

Or I could tell you that since the girls get up at 5am each morning, I like to do my mommy-duty and be there to referee their squabbles help them to easily begin their days. (Also true.)

OR I could tell you the real truth and let you know that I like to get up in the middle of the night to admire my slim ankles before they turn into "cankles" by 7am... So incredibly gross.

(Because you might be eating while you read this post, I will spare you the evening cankle photos which are too hideous even for me.)


No comments: