Thursday, March 22, 2007

Constant cravings



I walk two times a day on my treadmill; nothing crazy, just thirty minutes in the morning and thirty minutes at night. I walk hard and fast, putting in four to five miles a day and averaging 600+ calories burned. You'd think with all that exercise I'd be nothing but baby belly. However, much to my dismay, I have noticed an ever-growing rear end and clear evidence of back fat...so gross.

You'd also think that after noticing my other expanding parts, I would be very cautious about what I am eating. So not so.

I have been obsessed with Braum's chocolate almond ice cream. I have been soooooooo very good the last eight months and have only partaken in this delectable indulgence the few times the whole family accompanied me to the actual restaurant. The problem is we decided to buy whole half-gallon of this sinfully sweet, calorie-laden, evil concoction a few days ago.

The tantalizing carton clearly calls my name from the garage freezer, though others in my home claim they don't hear its charming words. "Devin! Come and get me! You know how delicious I am, and you know you can't resist me!"

Of course, last night, rather than throw the ice cream out like I know should, I decided to get rid of it in a much more enjoyable manner. How much did I actually eat? Let's just say that while there are a couple of spoonfuls left, the next person wanting some of my ice cream will need to make other arrangements.

This morning I am guilt-ridden and don't feel so good. However, last night was pure Braum's-chocolate-almond-ice-cream-BLISS.

I must go now...my treadmill is calling my name and somehow even my children seem to be able to hear that inanimate summons.

No comments: