Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The leg, it is broken

IMG_0225

This picture was taken on Monday.  She can’t walk until she gets her cast on Thursday so Peyton must be toted around everywhere.  I’m not complaining as I’m getting a quite a few hugs, snuggles and loves I wouldn’t normally get from my too-busy 3yr old as I haul her from place to place.

She has especially honed her I’m-an-invalid-therefore-I-must-have-anything-my-heart-desires skills:

  • “Mommy, I need pickles.”
  • “Mommy, my leg hurts, I need ice.” (Really she just wants the ice to eat.)
  • “Mommy, come get me.”
  • “Mommy, Bubba’s lookin’ at my leg!”
  • “Mommy, come sit with me.”
  • “Mommy, I get another 'possicle?'…Pleeeeeease?”
  • “Mommy, where ARE you??!!”

Thank goodness big sister Sutton is home from college for a few days and has been utilized as Miss Peyton’s personal assistant for all things necessary (and when mom doesn’t do things just right.)

2 comments:

yankee said...

what a lousy way to start summer ! sorry to hear it.
4:50 am??

Unknown said...

It's hot here so we're both (Peyton and I) pretty bummed about it. Yeah, most mornings I start early:/