Monday, March 24, 2008

Bunny tail tale


















Our Easter weekend...the synopsis

Thursday:
Drive
"Are we there yet?"
Drive, drive, drive
"When will we get there?"
Scream at children
Drive, speed, drive
"What's taking so long?"
Scream louder
Speed, speed, speed
Screech
Throw children from the car AT the grandparents

Friday:
Visit, visit, visit
Wrangle extremely excited boys
Granna feeling ill
Fishing and fussing, fussing and fishing
Granna SICK!
Jimmy takes Granna to emergency room
I wrangle over-excited, over-stimulated boys way into the night

Saturday:
Granna in hospital for gallbladder surgery:-(
Jimmy and I clean and organize for her
Visit other grandparents (my family) and laugh, laugh, laugh
Egg hunt

Sunday:
Happy Easter!
baths, iron, dress, hair, PANIC!
Church (on time, thankyouverymuch)
I make Easter lunch (spaghetti, LOL!)
Granna came home from hospital
Easter Bunny visit (sugar explosion)
Drive home:
"Are we there yet?" (As we pulled out of their driveway)
"I don't feel so good." (Vomiting in the back seat)
"I need to tinkle...NOW." (Side-of-the-road, tinkle-in-the-grass)
"I'm HUNGRY!" (5 Happy Meals, a #3, and drinks while we fly madly down the road drive.)
"Ewwww...she STINKS!" (Back seat diaper change)
"Why won't she stop screaming?" (Oy.)
Arrive home and collapse, so happy to be here.

Pics to follow shortly, if I can pull myself together and get them edited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel more tired now than when I sat down to read this!

Sorry the gran got sick :( hope she recovers fast!

MKHKKH said...

Oh Devin, I shudder at the thought of a family road trip. You are one brave woman. I always end up saying, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home!" Glad you are back and I can't wait to see little hunny bunny!