Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I am now a reformed cookie killer

Some of you may remember the botched batch of cookies I wrote about here. I got so many wonderful suggestions from a variety of commenters, others commiserated with me and shared their own cookie failures, and still others emailed offering their own tried and true tips.

One of the commenters was my online friend, Barbara, who has a fabulous blog called Bless Us O Lord where she shares her cooking expertise, a weekly menu, and an array of recipes even I have been able to use.

During my cookie fiasco, Barbara suggested that I take the amount of butter listed in the recipe and replace it with 1/2 Imperial Margarine and 1/2 Crisco Shortening. She also said to replace my brown sugar with dark brown sugar.

I followed Barbara's tweaked recipe and here is the result:





These cookies are perfect and taste delicious. My family thanks you, Barb, as do I.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Glad that suggestion worked out for you, Devin. My mom doesn't bake much anymore, but those cookies are her speciality. Most of the time I don't bother making them, I just have the kids call their Mimi.

There's something about the Imperial margarine that makes the texture perfect and the dark brown sugar makes the taste.

Anonymous said...

*GASP!* Pure heaven! Those look like PURE HEAVEN I tell you!! yummm.....

june cleaver said...

mmmmmm... I gave up cookies for Lent. I had to stop myself from licking my computer screen when I saw your cookies.

Kisha said...

Great job on the cookies, I knew you could do it.

jubilee said...

They look as close to perfect as a cookie can get!