Friday, November 09, 2007

Selfless love

















Landon (3):"Momma, I make Peyton feel better."

Mom: "You did? How nice of you. What did you do?"

Landon: "I gave her my cars so when she not sick anymore, she can play with them."

(I looked at her in her swing but didn't see any cars. Evidently he was talking about another time.)

Mom: "What a nice big-boy thing to do. Thank you."

I didn't think anymore of it until later when I picked baby sister up out of her swing and there they were:
















Eight cars he had shoved between her and the seat. And while they may not have felt good under her bottom, his intentions were noble.

Self sacrifice takes on many forms.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so adorable! My son also brings cars over to my crying newborn. Hopefully he'll still feel that way about him in a few years when he has to share those cars! :)

(isn't the papasan chair GREAT?!)

Lisa
http://www.workoutmommy.com

Unknown said...

How precious!

Hope everyone is starting to feel better. :)

Melanie said...

How cute!

Cynthia said...

What a sweet little story! I love it!

jubilee said...

That was a very sweet thing to do. I bet she was glad for the attention from big brother, however brief, even if the cars weren't exactly body-friendly!

Unknown said...

Yes, she's doing a little better; still coughing and still not smiling:-( It makes you so sad to see a little one so miserable.

But big brother "helped." Ahhhh, little boys...gotta love 'em.