Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Senior Night

I guess volleyball Senior Night is one of the first "last" things we'll be acknowledging this year as Sutton inches closer to graduation. I fluctuate between excitement and a little bit of panic when these occasions sneak up on me as I often refuse to admit she's growing up. I must try to put her need to leave and my need to hold on to her into the proper perspective. She will leave and I can't won't stop her.

My sadness was compounded by the fact that one of the team's managers took her own life the night before, leaving the team, coaches, school, stunned. The grief and despair must be overwhelming for this girl's family and our hearts and prayers go out to them. All of the players wore pink ribbons, Shelbie's favorite color, on their shoes to honor her.

The senior girls and their families were called onto the floor before the game began last night where the girls received flowers and letters from underclassmen. The match that followed was outstanding as our girls won in three!

Our family minus Dad who was still on a flight home:














I, as usual, ended up chasing a three-year old:














Our favorite player:
















The team:

No comments: