Saturday, June 16, 2007

Landon's arsenal

Each time I find Landon beating up on a sibling, I take his weapon of choice away and hide it on top of the fridge so he can't reach it. Invariably, he finds another implement with which to wreak havoc and I end up taking that terroristic tool away as well and, again, placing it atop the fridge.

Tonight as I made dinner, I noticed the top of my refrigerator was quite cluttered so I decided to clean it off. The following is a picture of what I found. Mind you, these were all confiscated in the past few days and doesn't account for all other torture devices he's created such as stuffed animals he hurls at faces or karate chops to the abdomen.

So I reassigned all of the confiscated fridge-top items to the garage making our home temporarily safe from our toddler tormentor...until he remembers that the brooms are still in the laundry room and the yard stick is in the closet. Then watch out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

crap! A golf club? wowsers.

One time my son, when he was two, pulled open the HEAVY tool drawer that his daddy never locked, and pulled out the huge butcher knife(hidden from the kids in there because the tool drawer was so heavy they couldn't possibly open it...pfft!). He walked with it to the living room, where he held it to Jessica's face, and she ran off screaming in terror at the sight.

I bawled his daddy out, never assume just because its hard for US to open, that it's safe from the kids. In retrospect, it is kinda funny hehehe but poor Jess thought she was gonna die. And her little bro just wanted to show her what he found I bet lol!

Miranda said...

And to think Dave and I were going to see if we could take the boys with us to see Ratalouie (I know I spelled it wrong) so that we wouldn't look so out of place going to see a children's movie. Surely Landon couldn't find any weapons in the movie theater. . .

Unknown said...

What a sweet idea...but I wouldn't put it past him. Last time he sent a straw launching at his sisters.