Monday, May 28, 2007

The doughboys

Jimmy and I enjoy watching Food Network; a dangerous activity when you're hungry (which is all the time with me now in a perpetual nursing state). Recently we saw an episode of Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis where she made Italian Donuts. Now, I often remind myself that she can make any recipe, good or not, look delicious simply because she is so beautiful (and thin), but Jimmy really wanted to try this one.

He bought the ingredients and he and the boys cooked breakfast for us. The donuts were quite tasty. The process of cooking them, however, was the true joy as the boys got to participate in just about every step of the process.

If you're interested, the recipe is here. Be mindful, if you want clean clothes and an untarnished kitchen when all is said and done, do it without little boy help. But if dough-eating, sugar-coated finger-licking, flour-wearing boy children (and a Dad) sound appealing...we'll send a couple over to assist.






2 comments:

Miranda said...

Dave and I love Giada. I bet you know who loves her more :).

Anonymous said...

Just because I'm a 30 year old guy who doesn't cook, doesn't mean I can't be a fan....