Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Waving my white flag


I'm getting beaten up over here!

This baby kicks, squirms, rolls, flips, flops, rotates, stretches, flexes, jumps, turns cartwheels and practices her yoga...all between the hours of 11:00pm and 3:00am. She doesn't stop moving for hours at a time. If you do the calculations, that leaves me sleeping time from approximately 3:00am to about 5:00am when the girls and I rise.

I'm really hoping this non-stop, gymnast-like routine is not an indication of my child's inevitable infant reversal of night and day. However, after doing a little research, it seems all this nocturnal movement usually means just that.

My little girl is destined to be a night owl and I'm destined to accompany her.

Great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you mean red flag or white flag??? I think a red flag in racing means caution - although that might be appropriate too. ;)

Unknown said...

You're right Dave...I changed it.