Friday, April 13, 2007

Outnumbered


Jimmy's on a trip and Sutton is at a track meet. I needed groceries so I picked the kids up from school and went. It was me against them for a couple of hours (with a lot more "them's" than "me's") as we tackled Sam's Club and Walmart. The following are snippets of conversations hurled at me throughout our time together. You can probably guess who each speaker is without me even telling you.

"Don't 'wook' at me or touch me!"

"It's cold in here."

"I wanted to push the cart!"

"It's hot in here."

"Is 'dang' a bad word?"

"I have to tell you this other thing that happened today." (13th story while brothers are fighting and sister is calling my name.)

"My bottom hurts."

"I NEED marshmallows."

"Our drink tastes funny." (after mixing every flavor of soft drink available at drink machine into a cup even though they were cautioned not to.)

"I know I asked for a hot dog but I really want pizza." (after first bite of purchased hot dog.)

"Can we buy a bathing suit?"

(Sobbing) "I couldn't find you! You left me!" (after child ran off unaccompanied.)

"I have to tinkle.

BUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAA!!!!"

"Don't even think about it."

"My baby 'stister' weally needs this."

"I'm still hungry."

"Can we get a puppy?"

"If Daddy was here he'd let me:
-buy that."
-do that."
-say that."
-go fast."
-eat that."
-have more."

"I'm ready to go home."

"Oh guess what?! I know what I'm wearing on the first day of school next year!"

"Feel my head. Do I feel hot?"

"Do you realize school's almost out and we get to be with you for three months!"

"Can't we go to another store?"

"Mom, you don't look so good. Do we need to go to the hospital?"


And just when I was ready to throw in the towel..."Mommy, I weally love you."

Gets me every time.

No comments: