Thursday, April 19, 2007

Slightly inappropriate, but funny just the same

Pawpaw drew my attention to the following "Dear Abby" letter in yesterday's newspaper. Why I got tickled, I'm not sure. However, after working hard to raise three little ladies with a bit of couth, I ended up with two little boys whose greatest joy in life is to try and get away with "hiney burps" (yes, that's what they really call them) . Try as I might to civilize my tooting tots, all that has occurred is that I have become a little desensitized to the subject and can, in fact, find a little humor where it once was lost.

Dear Abby,
I suffer from food insensitivities. Recently, during an important service at a church my daughter and I have not attended for long, I had some extremely loud and embarrassing gastrointestinal symptoms from having accidentally eaten something cooked in soybean oil at a restaurant.

The disturbance lasted more than 15 minutes, and everyone on our small church could hear it. I am now embarrassed to return to the church, as I don't want to be remembered as the woman whose flatulence wrecked the important church service. Is there any way to save face in this situation?

--It Was the Soybeans!



So desensitized have I become that I not only been saving the following out-of-character-for-me cartoon, but embarrassingly enough, I have found an excuse to share it with you. Try not to giggle too loud.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

that's us at a volleyball tournament in 18 years... LOL!!

Unknown said...

OMG yes!! Poor us.