Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby fat


Such a sweet title when referring to a new little one; such a frustrating state of being as I head off to my 31 week appointment today. I'm tempted to stand backwards, facing away from the scale as I'm weighed this morning. I'll just have them tell me if all is okay.

Yet, I know I'll look and I'll attempt to not tear up at the sight of those monstrous numbers sure to be glaring back at me, taunting me in their own perverse way and reminding me that while I have been so good to exercise, I really shouldn't have had all those sweets the past few weeks.

I will try to remember that this will be nothing compared the weight-gain surge I have to look forward to those last few weeks of pregnancy, and hopefully I can ignore any disapproving looks Dr. Wai (yes, his name really is pronounced "weigh"...no kidding!) might have in store for me.

**Update**
Dr. Wai was kind even though I had gained 6(!) pounds. He reminded me that I never get very big when I'm pregnant, that much of it is water weight and "there's nothing you can do about that" so I shouldn't worry.

I figured kissing him in front of my husband would have been inappropriate so I didn't...but I could have!

No comments: