Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Tinman



Today the children all knew that I had an appointment to get an ultrasound. We answered all the questions about what would happen at my appointment and why it was important to get the ultrasound. Everyone understood that this was an appointment that would involve no pain for me and could set our collective minds at ease upon hearing the baby's heartbeat.

While Jimmy and I were driving Keaton and Hayden to school, Keaton (shown with Sutton at left) inquired, "Hey Mom, today is the day when you go to the doctor to find out if you have a heart, right?"

Keaton will be happy to know that not only did the doctor find a strong heartbeat for the baby, he did confirm that I do indeed have a heart that is not only present, but is beating quite vigorously.

She makes me laugh.

No comments: