Friday, September 15, 2006

Birthday wishes


Today some special people in my life share a birthday. My friend Jeni (shown at left with Reagan, Keaton and Hayden) still lives in Georgia and I miss her terribly. We taught together at the same high school and our children played together the years I lived there. She is one of those friends that I can call day or night and whose call I would take without hesitation at any hour. She toughened me up when I needed it and kept me going when I didn't think I could. My children would much rather be with "Miss Jeni," as the adventures with her are frequent and varied and the fun is never-ending.



Another VIP in my life is my youngest sister, Krista (far right). Next to Krista is my then-pregnant sister, Gina, followed by Tameka (whom we call our black sister), and me (far left).

I was nine years old when Krista was born and I cried like a baby when she wasn't a boy. Little did I know how much fun she would be, even to this day. She is the comic relief at every gathering and one that never lets the conversation die. My Reagan is just like Krista, full of personality, comments and questions; a continuous breath of fresh air.

Happy birthday girls! I love you both.

No comments: