Friday, September 08, 2006

Big time













The following is an exerpt from the conversation this morning as the three of us made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Keaton cracked the eggs while Hayden poured the milk. Both spent more time talking than cooking.

Hayden: "I'm growing, right Mom?"

Mom: "Yes, you are growing every day."

Hayden: "Every day?!"

Mom: "Yes, sir...every day."

Keaton: "Hayden, I'm growing too."

Hayden: "No you're not. I'm the one growing."

Keaton: (sensing a teachable moment) "No really, I used to be five years old too and now I'm nine. I grew older just like you're doing."

Hayden: "Hmmmm...Is that right Mom? Is she growing too?"

Mom: "Yes, sir...every day."

Hayden: "Well, I'm going to keep growing bigger than you Keaton. Aunt Paula says she wants me to stay little, but I'm not. I'm going to grow big!" (showing his muscles)

Keaton: (unimpressed) "Well, you just do that."

No comments: