Friday, September 26, 2008

Duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, duck, GOOSE

This picture depicts my day today.







Peyton (17 mo) was home toddling after me, stepping on my heals as I traveled room to room. Landon (4) feeling a little puny this morning, stayed home from school and spent his day following Peyton (who was following me), afraid he was going to miss something exciting, or better yet, something gross.

"Mama" "Mama" "Mama"

Sutton (18) a bazillion miles away at college, touching base, needing reassurance that she's still a mighty member of our flock, making decisions, adjusting.

"Mama" "Mama" "Mama"

Keaton (11) came home from school and added herself to my band of followers and then Hayden (7) joined the crew, following me with food orders I was trying fervently to fill.

"Mama" "Mama" Mama"

I ran my errands, I cooked the meals, I even worked the volleyball concession stand and watched attended Reagan's (13) volleyball match tonight with my active posse under foot.

"Mama" "Mama" "Mama"

We then finished homework, took baths, cleaned the kitchen, called Daddy, and tried to get into bed at a halfway decent hour; children following...the neediness factor through the roof.

"Mama" "Mama" "Mama"

Finally, all is blissfully quiet. My young ducklings are snoozing and recharging little batteries in preparation for the morning. Tomorrow is sure to be much like today.

"Mama" "Mama" "Mama"

And I'll answer them again and again and again, because while my little ducklings are many and insistent, the simple joy of their existence is evidence of blessings beyond measure.

4 comments:

TiffanyB said...

Amen!

Helen said...

What would we do without them? :)

Steph said...

Great post Devin!

MKHKKH said...

I so know how you feeling. At one point you just want to run and lock yourself in the bathroom for just 1 minute of alone time and then you turn around and feel like your heart is going to explode with love and joy. Love the way you portrayed it!