Thursday, June 05, 2008

The best laid plans

Sutton's graduation party is Saturday...

I must shampoo my carpet by Wednesday.
Carpet guy came today.

I must clean the whole house by Thursday.
Maids come tomorrow.

I must pull the weeds in the flower bed.
The weeds aren't that bad. Still, better call the yard guy.

I must prepare a home-cooked meal for forty guests.
Have everyone meet us at Rio Mambo.

I must bake an assortment of homemade items for dessert at our home.
Purchased cake, cream puffs, and eclairs from Sam's Club.

I must find unique, one-of-a-kind graduation party supplies at an online boutique.
Bought what was left at Party City, Hobby Lobby, and the .99 Only Store.

I must locate and purchase an adorable dress for me that sings, "You don't look old enough to have a graduating senior!"
Ran out of time (and money) and am wearing the same old crappola I always wear that screams "Girl needs some updatin'."

1 comment:

Annikke said...

It will all turn out fine - with or without the garden weeded and the new outfit!
Better just make sure you have lots and lots of kleenex handy!!!