Monday, May 19, 2008

My Hong Kong cable arrived!

And I have fought back bravely from the brink of insanity since being without my laptop for TEN SOLID DAYS.

TEN. SOLID. DAYS. PEOPLE. It was horrible. And I don't mean to brag, but I showed great restraint by not whining nearly as much as I would have liked.

I even read a book, a real book that I bought from a bookstore and everything.

And I loved it!

I haven't read an entire book for pleasure since finishing graduate school because, well, graduate school just did me in. And then there were three more babies, and no sleep, and life, and...okay, these are excuses and I really should read more books.

But I am back online and boy did I miss you guys.

4 comments:

itsdevin said...

let me know if you ever want some book recommendations! i love to read books for selfish pleasure, and know EXACTLY what you mean about school ruining reading for you haha! good for you!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know which book you DID read...which book won the coveted spot of "the first in years"?

Libby

Gina said...

Welcome back. Welcome back, welcome back, wel-come back!

Unknown said...

Hehehe! Thanks guys.

Libby, I read "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It's very good. I'll blog about it at some point.