Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Things I know now that I am 9 months old



I like grapefruit; I really, really like grapefruit.

I know how to say "bye-bye" and wave, but I'm only teasing...you're not really allowed to leave, and if you do, I'll cry.

I want to stand...for hours...and I want you, Mommy, to lean over and help me stand...for hours.




I can too crawl! Backwards is still a direction and is technically considered crawling (think: reverse.)

My car seat? Still not feeling it.

If I hurt myself, it takes a while for the pain to register in my brain, hence the delayed reaction. And for your information, it really did hurt...I'm not just being dramatic.

My brothers hug me too hard. My sisters kiss me too much. I secretly like it all.

When I learn to talk I'm going to find the people who created chocolate, ice cream, and frappuccino whip and thank them.

My mommy stares at me while she prays. I'm thankful for her too.

I can give great baby kisses. While giving those kisses I may lick you or bite you, but know that I still love you.

When my daddy returns from a trip, I clap my hands, kick my feet, and squeal really loud. He eats that stuff up.

I'm banning all of you from wiping my nose, washing my face, and cleaning my ears. You can, however, still wipe my bottom, 'cause that feels good:)

7 comments:

Annikke said...

9 months old? Wow! Time flies! That smile is to die for!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a gem you have there! I love, Love, LOVE the "sitting pretty" picture!

And grapefruit? Really?

MKHKKH said...

Look at what a ham she is! I love that you remember to do this every month. Even if it does make me feel like a failure as a mother. I have 3 less than you and you find a way. Sheesh!

I tagged you for a blogging meme because I know you have nothing better to do:)

june cleaver said...

Too bad we didn't live closer. Our babies would be BFFs! Look how hip I am throwing around that BFF jargon.

Steph said...

She is just too stinkin' cute! And I love reading your (her) monthly updates!

Camille said...

She's so darling. I'm feeling a bit competitive b/c my soon to be one year old can't do a lot of the things your baby is doing, so I gotta get crackin'! :)

Anonymous said...

We ENJOY the blogs sooooo much---thanks worlds and please keep them coming!

Granna