Friday, January 11, 2008

Making progress...and then not

Walking outside to the car in the cold morning air...

Landon (4) exclaims: "Wow, Mom!"

Mom: "What, Landon?"

Landon: "It sure is blustery this morning!"

Mom (impressed): "Wow, Landon, that's a really big word! You sure are growing up."

Landon (smugly): "Yes, I am."

Not two minutes later...

Landon, from the back seat, laughing deliriously.

Mom: "What's so funny?"

Landon (giggling uncontrollably): I just burped, sneezed, and tooted all at the same time! Isn't that cool, Mom?!"

Mom (deep sigh): "Yep, that's cool, buddy, really cool."

4 comments:

Abbie said...

SO CUTE!! I just love it!!

Unknown said...

My 38 year old husband said almost the exact same thing to me yesterday...

The sneeze-fart thing, not the blustery thing.

They never truely grow up, do they? :)

Anonymous said...

awwww..that is just too cute!!!

Steph said...

I am so looking forward to the things my little man will ramble about when he starts talking! Landon is too cute!