Monday, August 27, 2007

My Back-to-School Prayer (and pictures!)

Dear Heavenly Father, as we begin another school year my children stand before You fresh-faced and eager to begin this next chapter. Allow me to ask Your favor and guidance for them as they journey out today to their respective destinations.

Please, Lord, make their minds willing, able, and prepared to learn. Help them to know that their hard work honors You and readies them for what You have planned for their lives.

Please be with all of the teachers today. Their workload is heavy and their plates full. Make them a conduit of knowledge and bestow upon them the patience necessary to teach the rooms full of students before them. I am placing in their care my most valued possessions, my children. Help these teachers know the importance of their role in these young lives and allow them to feel the respect and love they so deserve for the difficult, yet invaluable, calling they have chosen.

Lord, please be there to whisper to my children what they need to hear when I'm not there to do it. Remind them to be kind to others, accepting of those who may be different, and radiate Your love through their thoughts and actions. If they are wronged, help them to forgive and bestow in them the gift of grace You so generously lavish upon us all.

I know that you walk with them daily because I have watched you repeatedly protect them. But I am their mother and even though you don't need reminding, I ask again that you stay with my children throughout this day and all those to follow. Please keep them safe and allow them to come home to me each afternoon.

Bless them all, Lord, as the school year begins. Know that I give them to You today and every day, confident You will always care for them, and for my part, so very thankful to You for allowing me to be their mother.

Amen


Sutton: 12th grade

















Reagan: 7th grade

















Keaton: 4th grade and Hayden: 1st grade

















Landon: 3 1/2 who has now decided school is not for him...just yet.

2 comments:

LindaJean said...

What a beautiful prayer... Amen

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Lisa