Thursday, August 02, 2007

Forever Friends

These three girls (Rachel, my Sutton, and Maeli) became best friends in 4th grade when our family moved to a new community. We moved away after just one year, Sutton mourning the inevitable loss of her two best girlfriends.

Yet, all three sets of parents, recognizing the quality of the girls' relationship and the uniqueness of their bond, made sure that for the last eight years these three girls get together on holidays, vacations, and any other excuses we can eek out.

As they head into their senior years my feelings are bitter-sweet. I'm so sad to see them grow up and start to plan lives of their own, but I know, without a doubt, that these three girls will continue to stay close. Miles have always separated them, but their friendship, strong and true, has endured.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! I had lots of fun this summer with ya'll! Cancun next summer for our senior trip right? ;D

Anonymous said...

Right! And I think that our parents agreed to pay!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! jk! but I hope they do!

Unknown said...

Ummmmmm........NO! But I love you all anyway!

Anonymous said...

i'll talk to her maeli ;D

Anonymous said...

So beautifully worded and so true. How lucky these three are to realize at such a young age what makes a true friendship. Thank you for having them Devin.
Most sincerely,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....Dad's will go as well, last time I heard.

Anonymous said...

Maybe aunt Gina should chaperone?

Unknown said...

Aunt Gina would show you a good time. Wouldn't it be fun?! It could be you three girls, all the moms and dads, all the siblings, and Sutton's aunt, uncle and their six children! I can't wait for YOUR senior trip!!