Thursday, August 09, 2007

Conditional love

















Overheard while she tried to help dress our (as usual) frustrated three-year-old...

Reagan: "Come here Landon and I'll help you put your shorts on."

Landon(screaming): "No! No! I don't like you!"

Reagan: "You don't like me? Awww...but I love you."

Landon (defiant): "I don't love you."

Reagan: "Will you love me tomorrow?"

Landon: "No."

Reagan: "Will you love me next week?"

Landon: "No."

Reagan: "Will you love me if I help you put your shorts on so you can go with Daddy?"

Landon (long pause): "Hmmmmmm...okay, I'll love you."

Reagan: "Well, let's get you dressed then!"

After he was dressed, he grabbed Reagan's face and kissed her right on the lips.

Landon: "I love you Reagan."

Reagan: "I love you too Landon."

No comments: