Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hooray for Hairspray

Last night ended up being movie night for us with the boys, Jimmy, and Uncle Dave seeing Ratatouille, while the girls, Aunt Miranda and I saw Hairspray. Miranda and I gushed over the fact that, even at our age (and I am quite a few years her senior), this is the first time either of us had seen a movie the day it opened.

The girls, without a doubt, picked a winner as the toe-stomping, hooting, and squealing heard in our theater was definitely coming from our group. Little Miss Keaton, a true musical theatre buff, was completely engrossed in this film and I so enjoyed watching her wiggle and giggle as she "experienced," with every ounce of 9-year-old giddiness, the cotton candy-colored spectacle.

While I am certainly not a professional movie critic and I have no idea how the rest of the world will respond to this film, I know this will be a family favorite in our home for years to come. Keaton and Reagan have already chosen "parts" and I'm sure they will have the lyrics, as well as the dance moves, memorized soon after the video release.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Landon, I as so PROUD of you. You are now a FINE YOUNG BOY!!!!!

Again, Aunt Paula is so proud of you Landon. I love your Fine Young Boy Boxers. Trust me, you look great.

Keep up to good work.

Love to all,
Aunt Paula