Wednesday, June 27, 2007

They always shoot the messenger


Weather in Dallas forced Jimmy's flight out of L.A. to be cancelled last night. Now the earliest he can get home is tonight.

I got to be the bearer of the bad news and told the boys of Daddy's delay. They both screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and began reminding me that "you said he'd be home last night" and "you said he'd be here when we woke up!"

I can pretty much reason with Hayden but three year old Landon just doesn't get it. He sees it as me being dishonest...the proverbial bad guy in the situation. I told him Daddy would be here and he's not. They need someone to blame and I'm the closest and easiest target.

I will do my best to keep them occupied today. The one thing I won't do is mention exactly when Daddy is supposed to get home because the weather at DFW is supposed to stay bad tonight and into tomorrow...and I don't need another revolt on my hands.

Back to my refereeing duties...

No comments: