Friday, May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Naunie


My mother's birthday was Thursday and lest you think I am a real heel and forgot, I did call her early Thursday morning with birthday wishes and to tell her about her gift.

She retired from education last December after 35+ years as a teacher, vice principal, and principal in middle schools, high schools and colleges. She has directed hundreds of plays (many award winning) at all those levels and is known in her area as the go-to lady when the local community theatre needs a director.

Mom is getting to finally do now what she put off doing many years ago...act. She is auditioning and winning roles in commercials, videos and films and is having the time of her life.

My siblings and I are so happy for her and plan a trip to Hollywood someday to watch her accept her Oscar. (She's going to be so embarrassed I just wrote that!)

I love you Mom! Happy Birthday.