Thursday, May 31, 2007

Being dethroned


Going from being the baby to not-the-baby all in one day has had some lingering effects for sweet 3 1/2 year old Landon. Those initial gentle kisses and touches he gave to Peyton have since been replaced by not so gentle blows in the face and hard-as-he-can squeezes to her hands, cheeks, and feet.

We are forced to be ever-vigilant as he adjusts to his new position in our family. We know these acting out episodes are normal and we expected some fallout. Regardless of what we knew or expected, it remains very hard to see him struggle. Providing him the extra attention he needs is proving to be quite the challenge for us.

Of course, stealing "neck sugars" from that little boy neck isn't difficult for me to do. In fact, doing so is one of the highlights of my day. I just have to make more time to do so...making both my always-to-be baby boy and me much happier.

No comments: