Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lame, oh so lame


Jimmy left on a short trip this morning which meant everyone had unforeseen, uncontrollable problems that just couldn't be handled by a mere mortal mother.

The most pathetic excuse for a meltdown was Hayden's. After I called for him many times to get dressed and after he just couldn't pull himself away from the cartoon he was watching, I finally turned the TV off, knowing the "idiot box" as Jimmy calls it, was too much of a distraction this time of morning.

Hayden bellowed like never before, crying out in excruciating pain.

Mom: "What is wrong with you?"

Hayden: "It's my foot. It's hurting soooooo bad."

Mom: "Your foot? What happened to your foot in the last two seconds I have been standing here with you?"

Hayden (the crocodile tears flowing freely): "The TV did it! The sounds just came out of it and all jumped in my foot and I can't walk or get dressed because it huuuuurts!"

I'll give him a B- for creativity but that's the best I can do.

No comments: