Saturday, December 09, 2006

Innate differences















As I was dressing this morning in my bathroom, I eavesdropped while the children were wrestling in our room. Snow White had just ended and I guess that last lovey-dovey scene just got the best of my little angels. Reagan was whooping up on Keaton a bit while Hayden and Landon were more equally matched.

What a difference gender makes in the same activity.

Girls: (amid gales of uncontrollable laughter, fits of giggles and some feigned concern)

"Ouch! That kinda hurt!"
"Are you sure you're okay?"
"Watch my arm!"
"Wait! Wait! I can't stop laughing!"
"Okay, just a minute...where's my earring?"
"Wow! That was mean!"
"You're not being very nice!"
"That was fun! Let's do it again!"

Boys: (amid uncontrollable screams, spurts of tears and bouts of obvious rage)

"You bit me!"
"Don't burp in my ear! That's just gross!"
"Bubba, you soooooooo MEAN! I gonna HIT you!"
"Landon just tooted on my arm!"
"I tell Mom!...Mom! Bubba kicked me in my face!!"
"I'm gonna punch you HARD!"
"I'm never ever gonna play with you...NEVER EVER!"
"That was fun! Let's do it again!"

No wonder parenting can be so difficult.

No comments: