Monday, September 25, 2006

Back to work


I went back to work today. No, not something as physically tiring as the poor woman in the picture. I am a consultant at a local high school; consultant being a fancy word for substitute counselor.

When I was getting dressed this morning, Keaton asked me to come down to her eye level, put her arm around me and whispered, "Mom, you don't have to do this."

It was a great day and it was nice to join the land of the living once again. I even got to go to a real restaurant, one without disposable cups and a playground equipment in the dining room. And for the first time, in I can't count how many years, there was no high chair at my table. I was even able to resist the urge to cut someone's food.

They may just let me come back tomorrow!

No comments: