Monday, August 07, 2006

Good idea gone bad


Mom's Track Club has continued. I realized Keaton was walking more than she was running, so I had the bright idea that I was going to run with her. The circle we live on is about .3 miles around so the girls are told to run around four times; not an unusual request for girls who have been running all summer. For a mom who's old and hasn't been running all summer, it was a little far-fetched.

I was cocky and I ran the first two laps without stopping, urging Keaton to continue as she repeatedly paused. I let her walk the third lap, never admitting that I, too, really needed the break. By the fourth lap we were both sucking wind, but I urged her on like some amped-up, obnoxious, personal trainer you'd see on tv.

That was yesterday before church. Today I am so sore you'd think I had run 100 miles instead of one. The girls ran without me today. I'm out of shape and I'm getting old.

This stinks.

No comments: